May 6, 2023
Hylinker, Inc. is referred to as “Hylinker”, “we”, “us”, and “our”. Our public websites are referred to as the “Website”.
Our online software-as-service platform including any related APIs provided by Hylinker, together with related applications are collectively referred to as the “Services”. By using our Services, you are agreeing to these terms.
1. Personal Information we collect
We collect personal information when you provide it to us, when you use our Website or Services, and when other sources provide it to us, as further described below. If you use the application without signing in, no personal information is collected except for user-generated content saved locally on your device.
A. Information You Provide to Us
Account Creation: When you create an account or otherwise use the Services, we collect information such as your name, email address and password.
Usage: When you annotate a web page, the URL and the associated annotations you create will be saved on your devices. They will also be saved on our servers only if you use our cloud-based services. Generally, these information is considered as user-generated content, not personal information.
Payment Information: When you purchase a subscription to the Services, we will collect payment information allowing you to pay us. We use third-party payment providers to process payments on the Services. We may receive information associated with your payment information, such as billing address and transaction information, but we do not directly store payment information on the Services.
B. Information Collected Automatically
Automatic Data Collection: We keep track of certain information about you when you visit and interact with our Website or Services. This information may include details about your browser, operating system or device, and your Internet protocol (IP) address.
C. Information from Other Sources
We may obtain information about you from other sources, including through third-party services and organizations. For example, if you access our Website or Services through a third-party application, such as a social networking site or a third-party login service, we may collect information about you from that third party that you have made available via your privacy settings.
Should you choose to use connections to other Apps within our Services, we will have the ability to view your content via these Apps' API. The sole use of this data is to provide related features. This data is only saved on your own device and will not pass through our server by default. If you create a link to some content, these content will be treated as content in our Services.
2. How we use your information
We do not sell your personal information. We do not share your personal information with third parties for them to market or advertise their products to you.
We use your personal information for a variety of business purposes, including to:
Provide the Services or Requested Information, such as:
- Fulfilling our contract with you;
- Processing your payments and otherwise servicing your purchase orders;
- Responding to questions, comments, and other requests;
- Providing access to certain areas, functionalities, and features of our Services; and
- Answering requests for customer or technical support.
Serve Administrative and Communication Purposes, such as:
- Pursuing legitimate interests, such as direct marketing, research and development (including marketing research), network and information security, and fraud prevention;
- Developing new products and services and improving the Services;
- Ensuring internal quality control and safety;
- Authenticating and verifying individual identities;
- Enforcing our agreements; and
- Complying with our legal obligations
3. Disclosing your information to third parties
We may share your personal information with the following categories of third parties:
Service Providers: We may share any personal information we collect about you with our third-party service providers. The categories of service providers to whom we entrust personal information include service providers for: (i) the provision of the Services; (ii) the provision of information, products, and other services you have requested; (iii) payment and transaction processing; and (iv) the provision of IT and related services.
Disclosures to Protect Us or Others: We may access, preserve, and disclose any information we store in association with you to external parties if we, in good faith, believe doing so is required or appropriate to: (i) comply with law enforcement or national security requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (ii) protect your, our, or others' rights, property, or safety; (iii) enforce our policies or contracts; (iv) collect amounts owed to us; or (v) assist with an investigation and prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity.
4. Your Privacy Rights
Depending upon your location and in accordance with applicable laws, you may have the right to:
- Access personal information about you consistent with legal requirements. In addition, you may have the right in some cases to receive or have your electronic personal information transferred to another party.
- Request Correction of your personal information where it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Request Deletion of your personal information, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law.
- Request Restriction or Object to Processing of your personal information.
- Not be Discriminated Against by us for exercising your privacy rights.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us as set forth below. We will process such requests in accordance with applicable laws. To protect your privacy, we will take steps to verify your identity before fulfilling your request, such as by requiring you to submit your request via your account.
5. Data Retention
6. Security of your Information
By using the Services or providing personal information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Services. If we learn of a security system's breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on the Services, by mail or by sending an email to you.
7. Children's Information
The Services are not directed to children under 13 (or other age as required by local law), and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children. If you learn that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, you may contact us as set forth below. If we learn that we have collected a child's personal information in violation of applicable law, we will promptly take steps to delete such information and terminate the child's account.